We are currently looking for a COOK for a full-time temporary position.
– Demonstrate a positive attitude and good work participation.
– Ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
– Demonstrate commitment to safety towards patients, health and safety, co-workers, volunteers, students and visitor.
– Must work standing and walk short distances while working.
– Must lift, transport, move crates, pans and food.
– Must work in an environment where sudden changes in temperature may occur.
– Must work with hazardous equipment and utensils.
– Pressure to arrive in time to cook food and serve meals on time.
– Works every other weekend.
Knowledge, skill and experience
-Ability to read and understand written instructions, recipes and bilingual labels.
-Able to communicate verbally with staff and coordinator.
-Able to handle equipment such as mixer, stove and oven, deep fryer, meat slicer, steam equipment, etc., as well as kitchen utensils.
-Able to detect the difference in food appearance, indicate the duration of food cooking, deterioration or contamination of food.
-Able to perform a variety of activities that are part of food preparation.
-Able to assess food texture and taste.
-Graduate from a recognized institute or school leading to a basic certificate in cooking.
-5 years experience in cooking or equivalent.