Hôpital Notre-Dame Hospital (Hearst) is seeking a permanent, part-time Health Records Technician.
Location: Hôpital Notre-Dame Hospital (Hearst)
Posting closing date: Posted until the position is filled.
- Health Information Management (HIM) certificate or willingness to obtain;
- ICD-10 coding certification or willingness to obtain if no HIM certification;
- Medical terminology course (asset).
- Medical or general secretary experience;
- Prior experience in Medical Records (asset);
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member, with good organizational skills and with limited supervision;
- Ability to work with confidential material;
- Excellent communication skills in both official languages is required.
- Reports to the Health Records Coordinator.
- Handles the partial duties of the Health Records Department whenever the Coordinator is absent or unavailable (vacation, meeting, etc.).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Codes diseases and procedures as well as abstracting in WinRecs using the established Universal nomenclature and system ICD-10 and CCI-10.
- Handles release of information. This should be reviewed by Coordinator or designate prior to finalization.
- Performs duties and/or functions assigned by the Coordinator or designate.
- Rotates job functions with other workers on a regular basis.
- Assembles (Universal Chart Order) and reviews the patient’s health records for completeness. (Inpatients, Emergency, Surgical Day Care, Clinics)
- Documents deficiencies to be completed by the physicians or other professional staff.
- Maintains a “Death” and “Newborn” registry.
- Scans health records.
- Files/Retrieves health records as required.
- Trained on WinRecs/MediTech (electronic health records)
- Prints a list of dictated reports that are to be transcribed using online Fusion link.
- Ensures dictations are typed in an acceptable time frame and that all dictations are verified for neatness and accuracy and that each report is identified by a patient’s name, chart number, etc. and distributed accordingly.
- Answers telephone inquiries and deals with the public.
- Provides help when needed for preparation of release of information.
- Compiles periodical and statistical reports, upon request.
- Compiles simple data for research or study, upon request.
- Trains and/or provides orientation to new employees.
- Offers assistance and/or instructions when indicated.
- Seeks clarification of duties when indicated.
- Extends courtesy and consideration for others in interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrates professional manners in work setting.
- Accepts advice to upgrade abilities.
Use the application form below or forward your resume to:
Julie Trudel | Human Resources Coordinator