Hôpital Notre-Dame Hospital (Hearst) is seeking a Laboratory Coordinator/Technologist on a full-time basis.
Location: Hearst, ON
Hôpital Notre-Dame Hospital (Hearst) is located in a rural community of Northern Ontario. It serves a predominantly French-speaking population as well as First Nations people and other cultural groups within the catchment area from Mattice-Val Côté to Constance Lake. Forestry is the main economic driver.
Hôpital Notre-Dame Hospital (Hearst) is a fully accredited, forty-four (44) bed facility, offering primary and secondary care, long-term care, palliative care, surgical services, oncology, maternity and other health promotion services.
- This position has blended tasks as a Coordinator and Technologist.
- The Laboratory Coordinator is responsible for the operation of the Laboratory Department and reports to the Chief of Ancillary Officer and to the Medical Director of Timmins Cluster Laboratory Services Program.
- The Laboratory Coordinator provides administration, diagnostic, technical and educational services and is responsible for the Medical Laboratory Technologists. This position has on-call rotation. The core laboratory settings are: Chemistry, Hematology, Transfusion Medicine and Microbiology.
- The ideal candidate should have a thorough working knowledge of the acute healthcare and laboratory environment, healthcare management methods and financial management practices. The ability to communicate effectively in French and in English is required as Hôpital Notre-Dame Hospital (Hearst) is designated under the French Language Services Act.
- The candidate must possess a postgraduate degree in a Medical Laboratory Technology Program and be an active practicing member of the College of Medical Laboratory Technologist of Ontario. (CMLTO)