Hôpital Notre-Dame Hospital (Hearst) is seeking a temporary full-time (one year) Physiotherapist, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Location: Hôpital Notre-Dame Hospital (Hearst)
Under the supervision of the Physiotherapy Service Coordinator, the Staff Physiotherapist is primarily responsible for the assessment, treatment, education and management of in-patient, outpatient and Home Care services.
- Licensed to practice in Ontario, and registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario;
- Interpersonal, organizational, communication as well as leadership skills;
- Ability to communicate professionally, orally and in writing both in French and in English;
- Valid driver’s licence and ability to travel for home care patient visits and/or work in other close-by hospitals.
- The Staff Physiotherapist is a member of a professional health discipline whose education and knowledge qualify him/her to make decisions and accept responsibility for all aspects of Physiotherapy patient care, in accordance to Departmental and Hospital standards and conforming with the Provincial and Federal Legislative Acts which govern their duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Staff Physiotherapist is primarily responsible for the assessment, treatment, education and management of in-patient, outpatient and Home Care services as designated by the Physiotherapy Service Coordinator and as caseload warrants.The Staff Physiotherapist is also involved in education of patients and/or appropriate family members; students, interns, other health care workers; and the general public, with regard to physiotherapy and the management of the patient’s health problems.
- Is primarily responsible for the assessment, treatment, education and management of in-patient, outpatient and Home Care services as designated by the Physiotherapy Service Coordinator and as caseload warrants.
- Maintains adequate treatment and progress records in accordance with the departmental and hospital standards
- Establishes and maintains liaison with medical staff and other health care professionals concerning patient care including attendance at appropriate multidisciplinary meetings
- Keeps statistics in accordance with government and hospital requirements
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all patient information
- Assumes some duties of the Physiotherapy Service Coordinator in his/her absence
- Ensures environment is free from hazards and equipment is in safe and good working order
- Performs related duties as directed by the Physiotherapy Service Coordinator
- Participates in program development, implementation and evaluation.
Use the application form below or forward your resume to:
Julie Trudel | Human Resources Coordinator