Permanent Full-Time Position
Located in the multicultural and vibrant community of Hearst, which is part of a pristine and peaceful area of Northeastern Ontario, the Nord-Aski Family Health Team (NAFHT) is looking for a dynamic, organized, calm and reliable person to fill the newly created permanent full-time position of midwife. Working within an interdisciplinary team-based approach to care delivery, this person collaborates closely with physicians and allied health care providers in order to improve both the pregnancy and birth experience as well as the health of women, newborns and families. This health care worker provides the full scope of practice according to the standards that govern the midwifery profession, in a culturally appropriate manner.
- University degree in midwifery;
- Member in good standing with the College of Midwives of Ontario and the Association of Ontario
- Experience in the functioning of a medical clinic or with the use of an Electronic Medical Records software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both official languages;
- Strong team player and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent ability to maintain records and prioritize work;
- Good adaptability in an ever-changing new work environment;
- Knowledge of current and emerging primary care delivery practices with a focus on self-management and risk reduction;
- Autonomy, interpersonal skills, trust, respect, discretion and confidentiality.
Salary: As per the Ministry of Health’s guidelines
Working conditions: NAFHT offers excellent working conditions
Workplaces: Hearst Medical Centre | Notre-Dame Hospital
Those interested in applying must submit their candidacy documents by email, prior to July 8, 2022, at 4:00 p.m., to the attention of:
Jacques Doucet, Executive Director
Nord-Aski Family Health Team
P.O. Box 2260 | 1403 Edward Street, Hearst, (Ontario), P0L 1N0
(705) 362-5544 extension 2422
Please note that we will only contact those invited for interviews.