You will work full-time as a clinical/inpatient pharmacist in the French Northern Ontario community of Hearst.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Science of Pharmacy from an accredited university;
- Current license from the Ontario College of Pharmacist;
- Ability to work well with the nursing staff, physicians and co-workers to create a positive influence within the department;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Establish priorities as well as working under a minimum of supervision;
- Computer knowledge of Power Grid Rx, Meditech, Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work as a team member;
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Develop and maintain medication policies and procedures, hospital drug formulary and the Pharmacy Department’s manual;
- Provide clinical services, review and monitor drug therapy, provide drug information and patient counseling;
- Provide in-services to the nursing departments regarding new medications or changes in the delivery mechanisms of certain drugs;
- Act as Chair of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee;
- Identify issues and make recommendations to the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee regarding safe and effective use of medications in the hospital;
- Formulate, implement, evaluate medication policies and procedures through recommendations to the Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee;
- Ensure recommendations are communicated to medical, nursing and pharmacy staff.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all patient information.
We offer a competitive salary and a complete benefit package.
Send your application to:
Human Resources Coordinator